The Building Survey is what a lot of people used to refer to as a Structural Survey or a level 3 inspection. This is the most in depth inspection of the property you are considering making your next home or investment.
Draycott Chartered Surveyors favour this type of report over all others as giving the client the fullest information about the property you intend to purchase.
This report will advise you as follows:
- How the property is constructed.
- Defects & deficiencies identified in the construction.
- The cause of these and the required remedies.
- We will also be able to advise you on the possible costs of those remedial works and whether these should give you cause to re-negotiate the agreed purchase price.
- We will also provide an Open Market Valuation and a Buildings Insurance Valuation.
While Building Surveys are good for modern properties this level of report is really a necessity for:
- Any property built before 1940.
- Properties that have been renovated or altered significantly or that you intend to renovate or alter.
- Listed Buildings that are on a Statutory List of Building of Special Architectural or Historic Interest.
- Properties of non-traditional construction such as Cob or with Thatch roofs.
For further information on our Buildings Surveys please complete the quick inquiry form and we will respond promptly to your enquiry.